Safe Supply Information and Resources
This is a list if you are looking for mental health and harm reduction supports. If you are a participant with the Imagine Safe Supply research study and want one-on-one assistance to find supports or follow-up, please contact [email protected] or 416-831-6626.
- Brave is a mobile app that connects people with community supporters when they’re alone and at risk of overdose. Anonymous and private, these tools can keep you safe(r) from overdose, wherever you are, whenever you need it. To learn more and get info on how to download the app visit www. brave.coop.
- The National Map of Opioid-Related Services and Projects is an interactive map including supervised injection sites and non-supervised consumption sites offering drug-checking.
- Be Safe is a mobile app that aims to help young adults make a decision about seeking help in a crisis.
- Wellness Together Canada was funded by the Government of Canada in response to the unprecedented rise in mental distress due to the COVID-19 pandemic. For immediate support:
- Youth: Text WELLNESS to 686868.
- Adults: Text WELLNESS to 741741.
- Call 9-1-1 if you are in immediate danger or in need of urgent medical support.
- Indigenous people can also reach out to Hope for Wellness at 1-855-242-3310.
- Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868
- BC Yukon Association of Drug War Survivors (BCYADWS) “We advocate to help people access safe supply.”
- Call the their advocacy phone line at 778-801-5920 (toll-free coming soon) for advocacy help.
- If you need toll-free access now, call Help4HepBC at 1-888-411-7578 (phone or text) for assistance to access BCYADWS advocacy help.
- Access Safe Supply BC. Click this link for a list of drug user groups that can assist with access to safe supply and clinics that help support people accessing safe supply.
- Help4HepBC is a peer-to-peer hep C support resource. Call or text 1-888-411-7578.
- Alcohol and Drug Information Referral Service: 604-660-9382, 1-800-663-1441. Services available in multiple languages.
- HealthLink BC. Toll Free: call 8-1-1 or 7-1-1 for the deaf and hard of hearing. Provides reliable non-emergency health information and advice. Services available in multiple languages.
- 310 Mental Health Support: 310-6789 (no need to dial area code). Services available in multiple languages
- Addiction Helpline: 1-866-332-2322
- Health Link provides reliable non-emergency health information and advice. Services available in multiple languages.
- Alberta Mental Health Help Line:1-877-303-2642
- Seniors Mental Health Program Mental Health Inpatient Services: 403-783-7600
- Addiction and Mental Health Opioid Dependency Program: 844-383-7688
- Central Alberta Women’s Emergency Shelter: 24-hour local: 403-346-5643, crisis textline: 403-506-0485
- List of Toronto supervised injection services
- List of Toronto harm reduction supplies and services
- Grenfell Overdose Prevention Hotline: 1-888-853-8532 (24-7)
- Grenfell Ministries Overdose Prevention Line (OPL) is a number you can call if you are about to use drugs and are located in Ontario.
- This is a peer development initiative, and your call will be answered without judgment. You will be asked for your code (which is comprised of the first 2 letters of your first name, the first 2 letters of your last name, and the last two digits of your date of birth), your location and a few questions in relation to anonymous data collection, no personal data that can be used to identify you will be collected or stored.
- The operator will stay with you on the phone line while you use drugs, in the event that they receive no response after administration of narcotics the operator will call 911 and alert them to a possible overdose at the location you had given.
- Addiction, Mental Health, and Problem Gambling Services (ConnexOntario) 1-866-531-2600 (chat Service available)
- Distress and Crisis Ontario. Most centres are open 24 hours. Call a distress centre in your area. Chat and text service available
- Good2Talk: 1-866-925-5454 (for post-secondary students between 17-25)
- Drugs: Help and Referrals / Médicaments: aide et références: 514-527-2626 (Région de Montréal / Montreal area), 1-800-265-2626 (Partout au Québec / Everywhere in Quebec)
- Suicide Action Montreal 24 hour bilingual distress line / Ligne de détresse bilingue 24h / 24: 1-866-277-3553 If you call from outside Montreal area you will be redirected to the closest suicide prevention center. Si vous appelez de l'extérieur de la région de Montréal, vous serez redirigé vers le centre de prévention du suicide le plus proche.
- Info-Social 811: You can call 8-1-1 to reach a psychosocial worker quickly if you have a psychosocial problem. Anyone who lives in Québec can call for themselves or for a family member or friend. The service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Vous pouvez appeler le 8-1-1 pour joindre rapidement un intervenant psychosocial si vous avez un problème psychosocial. Toute personne résidant au Québec peut appeler pour elle-même ou pour un membre de sa famille ou un ami. Le service est disponible 24 heures sur 24, 365 jours par an.
- Tel-jeunes for youth / pour les jeunes (website in French only / site web en français seulement):
- appel téléphonique / phone call: 1-800-263-2266
- la messagerie texte / text messaging (8:00 a.m. - 10:30 p.m.): 514-600-1002
- LigneParents for parents / pour les parents (website in French only / site web en français seulement): 1-800-361-5085
Where to Get Involved
This is a list to check out if you want to get involved and take action.
- Canadian Association of People Who Use Drugs
- AAWEAR (Alberta Addicts Who Educate and Advocate Responsibly) We are a peer-based support and advocacy group for individuals with a history of hard drug use and street involvement.
- BC/Yukon Association of Drug War Survivors
- Go to http://safesupplybc.net/ for a map to find an organized drug user group near you.
- Toronto Harm Reduction Alliance
- Toronto Overdose Prevention Society
- Association québécoise pour la promotion de la santé des personnes utilisatrices de drogues (AQPSUD): 514 904-1241. Toll free number / Numéro sans frais: 1 844-465-3580